Cornea and Refractive
The Corneal Service at our Centre provides medical and surgical care to a wide variety of corneal, external eye related diseases and anterior segment eye disorders. Cornea and External eye diseases:
- Corneal Infections
- Eye allergies Corneal complications arising from other forms of ocular surgery Ocular surface trauma.
- Ocular surface disorders like blepharitis, meibomitis, conjunctival and scleral diseases.
- Refractive errors (nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism)
- Conjunctivitis (red eye)
- Corneal dystrophies and degenerations
Surgical facilities offered by the cornea service
- Penetrating keratoplasty,
- Lamellar keratoplasty
- Endothelial keratoplasty(DSAEK)
- Keratoprosthesis (Artificial cornea)
- Scleral grafting